Upcoming Event: International Seminar on Right-Wing Extremism
Tuesday, 23 May 2017, 6pm - 8pm, Central London
In light of the rise of far-right populism in Europe and the USA, Demos and Friedrich-Ebert-Stiftung (FES) have organised an international seminar on right-wing extremism. This seminar will explore the shifting relationship between populism and extremism, and the new dimensions at play in both the growth and the policing of far-right crime and terrorism. This event will provide a forum to discuss the evolving nature of terrorism and hate crime motivated by far-right ideologies, and the interaction of these with mainstream discourses on issues such as immigration.
This event gives the unique opportunity to compare and discuss the developments of far-right populism and the extremism, spread and enforcement of far-right extremism and the citizen’s perspectives on far-right extremism in five different countries.
- Heidi Beirich, Southern Poverty Law Center Intelligence Project Director, USA
- Bulcsú Hunyadi, Senior Analyst, Political Capital Institute (Hungary)
- Prof. Thomas Grumke, University of Applied Science of Public Administration NRW, Germany
- Rafal Pankowski, Never Again Association, Poland
- Mike Whine, Community Security Trust, UK
- Jamie Bartlett, Centre for the Analysis of Social Media at Demos
Chair: Sophie Gaston, Head of International Projects & External Affairs at Demos.
The event will be followed by a reception.
To request a place, please email firstname.lastname@example.org